26 April 2008
Fayetteville, AR
We left LR and got to Fayetteville at about 12:30-ish. First order of business: PIZZA. After a nice lunch @ Tiny Tim's, we sat in the town square to have a cigarette. ATM spotted Mark Ibald walking up the street. That's SY sighting #1. We wanted to go to the Dickson St. Bookstore, so we decided that we'd find really good parking off Dickson, close to Zach's house, and walk to the bookstore from there. As we walked past Zach's, we run into he, Wes, Stacy, and Antoine. Totally! We decide to forgo the bookstore, momentarily, and hang out. Which we do. For a couple of hours. Eventually, we decide to walk through the crowds of Spring Fest to get a feel of the crowds, get cash from an ATM, get lemonade & funnel cake, some of us had to get tickets to the concert, and THEN go to the bookstore. I saw Lee Renaldo and said hi to him on the street. That's SY sighting #2. There were rumors that Thurston Moore was going to be at a post-concert house party. Naturally!
ITEM! NEWS FLASH! This interruption is to note that KMHD JUST BOUGHT A FUXXIN HOUSE! Big time!
After walking around and all that, Stacy, Wes & Antoine go to her house to eat. Zach goes to work. Me & ATM stop and get a bottle of champagne and go back to the patio for more hanging out. Eventually, we run into Emily. Eventually, An calls me, he's in town with his friends, Frank & Victor (Nice gentlemen). Eventually, we all just kinda come together.




Maybe it was the lovely company or the excellent weather or the fact that we had "carnival foods" readily available, it was a really nice day. And I knew that it would end well, what with the Sonic Youth concert and all.
Having hung out ALL DAY, I was really anxious and ready to get out and about. Me, ATM, An, Frank & Victor head toward the stage and it's surrounding areas. The boys take off (a.k.a. ditch us losers) leaving me and ATM to be thoroughly freaked out by Michael Frenti's fans. The fungus didn't help. So, we hang back and eat street vendor food and take in the scene from a nice, safe distance. We run into Straw, which, at that point, I spot Steve Shelley and say hello. That's SY sighting #3.




Maybe it was the lovely company or the excellent weather or the fact that we had "carnival foods" readily available, it was a really nice day. And I knew that it would end well, what with the Sonic Youth concert and all.
Having hung out ALL DAY, I was really anxious and ready to get out and about. Me, ATM, An, Frank & Victor head toward the stage and it's surrounding areas. The boys take off (a.k.a. ditch us losers) leaving me and ATM to be thoroughly freaked out by Michael Frenti's fans. The fungus didn't help. So, we hang back and eat street vendor food and take in the scene from a nice, safe distance. We run into Straw, which, at that point, I spot Steve Shelley and say hello. That's SY sighting #3.
Stacy didn't have the funds for a ticket, but Antoine got her in, so after even more hanging out, we finally find a nice spot on the left side of the stage and wait for SY. See blog entry "PUT IT ALL BEHIND YOU, NOW IT'S BEHIND YOU" for further details.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
After the show, we decided to go to our room @ Motel 6 to enjoy snacks and a king size bed (Don't be a perv, Perv!) and cable - - we didn't go to the post-show house party. After eating leftover pizza (not advisable), we pretty much went to sleep. We got up at a reasonable hour and drove to Ft. Smith in hopes of scoring some Irish Maid Donuts - - BUST. We did get lunch at Taco Mayo - - I used to work there as a teenager LOLOLOLOL! After lunch, we walk next door to what appeared to be a karaoke/recording studio/Cricket phone dealer. It wasn't open, we just peered into the dirty windows, had a cigarette before taking off to go home. This, painted on the window of above-mentioned establishment, cracked me up:

It's me & ATM!!! Obviously, I don't have a svelte waistline, but everything else is pretty spot on! What the hell?

It's me & ATM!!! Obviously, I don't have a svelte waistline, but everything else is pretty spot on! What the hell?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I suppose I should go ahead and eat my words and testify that I, AMD, had a really good time in Fayetteville. I didn't think it was possible! But, with the right cast of characters (It should be noted that most people we hung out with were from LR), the right weather, the right atmosphere, you can have a nice time in hell. Or Fayetteville! WAU!
1 comment:
An ripped your photos for his MySpace. According to An, Andrew has his doctorate?
Post a Comment